"Personally Identifiable Information" is information that tells us specifically who you are, your name, street address, email address, billing address, social security number, driver's license number, credit card information, bank account number, telephone number, and other account information. Personally Identifiable Information may also include:
- Commercial information, including records of purchasing habits;
- Internet or other similar network activity, including browsing and search history or information regarding your interaction with our products or Services;
- Geolocation data;
- Professional or employment related information provided by you.
- You may also view or engage with our products and Services through third party social networking sites or social media plug-ins and applications. When you engage with the websites, Services, and content through such third party sites, we may have access to certain information from your social media profile, such as your name, photo, gender, birthday, location, videos, your list of friends, etc. This information is included in the definition of Personally Identifiable Information.
"Non-personally Identifiable Information” such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the web pages you have visited, sites visited before and after you visit the Websites, the type of handheld or mobile device used to access the Products or other device-specific information.
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI). CPNI is a subcategory of protected customer information defined by federal law as information about a consumer's account, including usage and billing of telecommunications services. Those services are offered by providers of traditional local, long distance, and wireless services, as well as providers of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services to consumers. CPNI includes what services you subscribe to, how you use them, and what you are charged for them. It does not include your name, address, telephone number, or other types of information such as information about your telephone equipment or Internet access services. We are required to treat CPNI confidentially, and we do. The FCC regulates when and how CPNI can be shared and used.
- Marketing rules. The FCC has categorized consumer CPNI into three distinct service groups: local, long distance, and wireless service. The CPNI that a carrier can use to market its services to its customers - without their approval - depends on what service groups the customer already buys from. Carriers are permitted to use CPNI for marketing similar products within a service group. For example, if you subscribe to our local service, we are allowed to use that local service information to sell you additional local service products and services.
- Approval rules. We obtain customer approval to use CPNI across service groups in two different ways. In some circumstances, we ask for customer consent. In other words, we may ask customers to "opt-in" to our use of CPNI across service groups. In most circumstances, however, we inform customers that CPNI will be used unless they instruct us not to. In these cases, the customers must specifically "opt-out" to our use of CPNI across service groups. We can ask for long-term approval (that lasts until it is withdrawn) or we can ask for approval each time we interact with a customer (short-term approval).
- Rules on non-marketing uses of CPNI. We are allowed to use consumer CPNI for various non-marketing purposes without specific customer approval. These activities include installing, providing, billing for, and collecting for Services. We may also use CPNI without specific approval to protect our rights or property or those of our customers or other carriers and to address fraud, abuse or unlawful subscriptions to or use of our services.
- Access rules. Before speaking with a caller about account information, we take steps to authenticate the identity of the caller and confirm that he or she is authorized to have access to information on the account. We do not discuss account information with anyone other than the account holder. Per FCC rules, we will not discuss call detail information with customers over the telephone unless the customer provides specific information about the calls in question, such as in the context of a billing inquiry, or unless the customer provides their specific password. We will not release CPNI in a retail store unless our customer presents a valid photo ID. Additionally, our customers cannot access online account information using only account information or generally known information. Rather, online account access is restricted through security code and password requirements.
How We Collect Information And How We Use It
Type of Information Collected. When you use the Services, we may collect several types of information about your and/or your use of the Services. The general categories of information include:
- Information you provide to use when you purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide, including but not limited to when you create an account, subscribe to a service or other content, register for Services, submit content or post a comment, send us an email or request information.
- Information we collect automatically when you visit our websites or use our products and services, such as web browser version.
- Information we obtain from third parties such as social media websites, information from publicly or commercially available sources, such as credit agencies.
Visiting Our Site. When you visit our website to browse, we may collect and store:
- Device information such as computer or mobile device model, IP address, operating system version, browser type, language and settings, device type and settings, and other unique device identifiers.
- Location Information such as your device’s source IP address, which may disclose the general location of your device at the time you access the Services.
- Usage information such as the Services you use, the time, duration, and date of your use of the Services, your interaction with content offered through the Services, how you contacted the Services, and search terms used. We may also collect information stored using cookies, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technologies set on your device. Our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of the Services.
We may use this information to measure the number of visitors and repeat visitors to sections of our site, to calculate the average time spent at our site, to determine from where and to where our visitors link, and to help make our site more useful. This type of information may be shared with third parties, such as when we aggregate and disclose site traffic information for marketing and commercial purposes. When you visit our website, we may ask if you would like us to send you marketing materials about our Services and other associated products. If you request such materials, then we may use Personally Identifiable Information you give us to send you such materials.
Web Beacons.Web Beacons. We, our advertisers and partners also may use “web beacons” or similar technologies. Web beacons are small strings of code placed on a web page to collect data about how visitors use the Websites. For example, web beacons may be used to count the number of users who visit the Websites or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor to the Websites. If you set your browser to turn off cookies, web beacons and similar technologies will detect your visits to the Websites, but they will not associate your activity on the Websites with information that otherwise would be stored in cookies. We do not control tracking technologies used by third parties on the Site.
How we protect your information. We employ and maintain technology and security measures designed to protect User Information. When you submit sensitive information via our Websites, that information is subject to a variety of protections both on-line and off-line, including password protected systems and firewalls. Sensitive and private data exchange between the website and its users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Although we take commercially reasonable steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personally Identifiable Information, searches or other communications will always remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your Personally Identifiable Information, we will notify you if reasonably possible and as reasonably necessary so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address(es) we have on record for you. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your Personally Identifiable Information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's Web site at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov for information about how to protect against identity theft.
Third Party Websites. You may find advertising or other content on our website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. We are not responsible or liable for the actions or policies of third parties.
We may display targeted advertisements to you based on information you have supplied to us. For instance, if you have expressed an interest in a particular product, we may supply you with advertisements from selected marketing partners of that product. They will not, however, receive your personal information unless you volunteer it to such advertisers.
We also work with ad network partners that display ads on our Websites. To improve your ad experience on the Websites and elsewhere on the Internet, we may send non-personal information to our ad network partners based on your browser’s activities, such as type of pages viewed and categories of interests, so that the advertising you see is relevant to you.
WE MAY DISCLOSE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO A THIRD PARTY FOR COMPENSATION.
Any loss of control of passwords may result in the loss of control over Personally Identifiable Information or User Information. You will be responsible for any actions taken on your behalf or any person using your password or user identification. If passwords have been compromised, then you should immediately change your password or notify us so that we may issue a new password.
Emery Telecommunications & Video, Inc., Emery Telcom Video, LLC, Emery Telcom Wireless, and Emery Telcom Video (collectively “Emery Telcom”) Network Management Disclosure and Usage PolicyLast Updated on January 10, 2020
Network Management Disclosure and Usage Policy
Pursuant to the Open Internet Order issued by the Federal Communication Commission ("FCC"), Emery Telecommunications & Video, Inc. and Emery Telcom Video, LLC which collectively doing business as Emery Telcom Internet and Emery Telcom Wireless (collectively "Emery Telcom" or the “Company”) are required to disclose Network Management practices in order to provide transparency to their customers. However, this disclosure is not meant to replace or alter any terms of service as provided in any contract or notices supplied by Emery Telcom. Specifically, the FCC rule states:
A person engaged in the provision of broadband Internet access service shall publicly disclose accurate information regarding the network management practices, performance, and commercial terms of its broadband Internet access services sufficient for consumers to make informed choices regarding use of such services and for content, application, service, and device providers to develop, market, and maintain Internet offerings.
These disclosures apply only to residential and non-customized small business Internet Services. If you have any question whether the services you purchase or are considering purchasing from Emery Telcom are covered by this disclosure, please contact Emery Telcom at 435-748-2223.
Emery Telcom is committed to providing its Internet services as an open platform for economic growth, competition, entertainment, investment, and innovation. It does not block any lawful content, applications, services, or your use of non-harmful devices, or discriminate in transmitting lawful network traffic.
Core Network/Service Description. Emery Telcom and its subsidiaries provide Internet services across various technologies including fixed wireless, copper telephone lines (ADSL2+), fiber to the premises, and coaxial cable. Each of these services is connected to a common MPLS core Internet Protocol Network. Such core is connected to redundant Internet access circuits obtained from carriers in multiple cities in Utah and/or Colorado.
Internet Speeds. Emery Telcom markets and provides the speeds listed on its website found in residential and business service listings at www.emerytelcom.com/residential-services/residential-internet.html and www.emerytelcom.com/business-services/business-internet.html. Emery Telcom uses its best effort to provide the purchased speeds. If Customers have issues with their speed, then they can call Emery Telcom for technical assistance at no charge. The following variables (which are often out of Emery Telcom's control) can affect actual speeds experienced by customers:
- Network Capacity. Emery Telcom purchases more than double its customer's combined peak usage from carriers. It also ensures that there is capacity on its core and that ports are distributed to limit disruptions. Therefore, it is unlikely that slow speeds are a result of Emery Telcom's network capacity.
- Customer Equipment. Performance of a customer's computer, including its age, processing capability, its software, the number of applications running simultaneously, and the presence of any spyware, viruses, etc.
- Connection.Type of connection between a customer's computer and modem/gateway and the distance of devices from customer's computer.
- Path.The distance, paths, and networks packets travel between a customer's computer and their final destination on the Internet. Packets may travel across multiple and various providers and the limitations of those networks can affect the overall speed.
- Congestion or Website Limitations. If a large number of visitors are accessing a site or particular destination at the same time, your connection will be adversely affected if the site or destination does not have sufficient capacity to serve all of the visitors efficiently. Also, some websites limit speeds at which visitors can download from their sites.
- Modem/Gateway. The performance of the modem may degrade over time. Sometimes the modem just needs to be restarted or have the software updated. Please contact Emery Telcom to discuss such issues and the possible solutions.
- Network Overhead. The modem uses a portion of the bandwidth to handle network and overhead information. This is typically very minor and the connections are sized to eliminate most, if not all, slowing in relation to this issue.
- Length of Lines or Distance from Antennas. The technologies used by Emery Telcom may be affected by distance or terrain. Emery Telcom will use its best effort to provide the ordered speeds. If such speeds are not possible, then the customer can call Emery Telcom and reduce the Customer's package. However, if the customer is unable to obtain the full purchased speed, but wants and can obtain speeds above the next lower offering, then Customer must pay for the higher offering. Emery Telcom is not responsible for reimbursing customers for not providing purchased speeds.
Emery Telcom maintains a speed test server on its website at https://speedtest.etv.net , which customers may use, but the issues above may affect the results.
Many factors may affect Emery Telcom's network. Emery Telcom will use its best effort to keep its network operational. However, the network might experience problems or may not be available. Emery Telcom is not liable to its customers in such circumstances.
Impact of Specialized Services. The MPLS core also carries other services such as TDM circuits, Ethernet circuits, voice service, and video services. Priority across such MPLS core network is given for circuits and voice services; however, the MPLS core is sufficiently sized to prevent slowing of Internet under almost all circumstances. Customers over the various technologies are connected to common ports on core routers and equipment. The customers on each port share use of such port. Emery Telcom attempts to distribute its customers across the various ports in order to reduce overall bandwidth constraints. Emery Telcom does not have any control over other carriers beyond its core network.
Congestion Management Practices Congestion is an Internet service problem that can slow web browsing, downloading and other activities of the customers during certain peak usage periods. Emery Telcom engineers monitor and proactively reinforce our network with additional capacity in areas where congestion is identified.
If acute network congestion occurs, Emery Telcom employs various techniques to ensure a positive customer experience and fair distribution of network resources. Our network management techniques include ensuring that customer systems are not propagating viruses or distributing spam email, i.e. by preventing virus/spam delivery to customer email accounts. In some cases, we may limit the number of customers that may be served on a particular network node until additional capacity can be added. We also seek to monitor and identify which customers are using the greatest amount of bandwidth during periods of heavy congestion, and to contact those "high volume customers" to work out a solution to the problem.
Emery Telcom reserves the right to manage, temporarily, the Internet traffic of "high volume customers" during periods of significant congestion until such periods of congestion pass. The temporary traffic management will be accomplished by technically and commercially feasible methods. Affected "high volume customers" will still be able to access the Internet and engage in any and all on-line activities, however, during periods of heavy congestion, they may experience longer download and upload times, slower web surfing, and slower movements during on-line gaming.
Customers should note that any temporary traffic management practices employed by Emery Telcom will impact only identified and notified "high volume customers" during periods when congestion problems are experienced, and will not be based upon the types of content, applications, services, or devices such customers use.
Application Specific Behavior Practices. Emery Telcom does not favor or inhibit certain applications or classes of applications. Customers may use any lawful and commercially available application which they desire on Emery Telcom's network.
Emery Telcom does not normally monitor the contents of the traffic or applications of its customers. It undertakes no obligation to monitor or investigate the lawfulness of the applications used by its customers. If any party contacts Emery Telcom with a substantial allegation that an application being used by a customer is unlawful, Emery Telcom will investigate the matter (including consultation, as it deems appropriate, with attorneys, consultants, federal or state regulators, and/or federal, state or local law enforcement agencies), and will take appropriate actions to deal with the use of applications that are demonstrated to be unlawful.
Customers may occasionally develop their own applications or modify commercially available applications. Emery Telcom will not prohibit the use of customer-developed or modified applications unless there is a reasonable belief that such applications will cause harm to its network. The Company does not block or rate-control specific protocols or protocol ports. The Company does not modify protocol fields in ways that are not prescribed by the applicable protocol standards.
Device Attachment Rules. Emery Telcom provides modems or gateways to its customers. Emery Telcom does not allow customers to provide their own modems or gateways, because Emery Telcom uses these devices to monitor its network and to ensure quality service. Customers may place routers or other devices in their own network beyond the Emery Telcom provided router or gateway. If customers are using wireless networks beyond Emery Telcom's equipment, Emery Telcom encourages its customers to secure the wireless networks. Such wireless networks are susceptible to outside usage, which may violate customers' privacy, slow down customers' usage of the Internet, or otherwise harm customers. Customers may call Emery Telcom for help in securing such wireless networks, but in no instance is Emery Telcom responsible for the security of such networks, even if such wireless network is across a router or modem provided by Emery Telcom. Customers use such networks at their own risk.
Security Practices. Emery Telcom does not normally monitor the traffic of its customers. It undertakes no obligation to monitor or protect such customer traffic from spam, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, or other malicious, unlawful or unwanted activities.
Emery Telcom recognizes that customers can purchase spam filtering and anti-virus software from commercial vendors to meet their needs. Emery Telcom may from time to time offer anti- spam and/or anti-virus software or services to customers who desire to purchase them from Emery Telcom. When offered, these software or services will be described and priced in other sections of this website and in Emery Telcom's sales and marketing materials. Customers are free to obtain anti-spam and/or anti-virus software or services from any source they desire, as long as such software or services do not disrupt or degrade the traffic of other customers of Emery Telcom or harm the network.
A customer that is subjected to a denial-of-service attack, or similar malicious, unlawful or unwanted activity, is urged to notify Emery Telco as soon as possible. Emery Telcom will work with the customer, other service providers, federal and state regulators, and/or law enforcement to determine the source of such activity, and to take appropriate, and technically and economically reasonable efforts to address the matter.
Emery Telcom employs commercially appropriate security procedures to protect its network and its customer records from unauthorized access by third parties. Emery Telcom does not guarantee that it can protect customers from any and/or all security breaches.
Pricing Terms and Conditions. Emery Telcom offers different tiers and levels of service at different prices, and changes these from time to time. These service tiers and prices are detailed in the service offerings portion(s) of this website.
Emery Telcom does not impose usage based fees upon certain tiers or levels of its service. Emery Telcom may impose fees for early termination with respect to certain of its service arrangements and promotions offered to customers. Customers should refer to their Subscriber Agreement for the specific pricing and fees applicable to them.
Emery Telcom retains, stores and provides to law enforcement any traffic information requested pursuant to the procedures of the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act ("CALEA"), the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act ("FISA") or other applicable national security or criminal statutes.
Emery Telcom does not collect, store or use traffic information to profile its customers in order to sell additional services to them, or for similar non-network management purposes.
Usage of Network
Emery Telcom is responsible for providing quality service to all of its customers. Therefore, Emery Telcom reserves the right at any time to adjust rates and prices upon notice to its customers. Further, Emery Telcom reserves the right to limit service to any customer that Emery Telcom determines in its sole discretion is negatively affecting Emery Telcom's network or other customers. Emery Telcom may take corrective actions (including but not limited to termination of service) for customers who have violated any term of use or have engaged in practices that could harm the network or other customers' utilization of Emery Telcom's services. Further, use of Emery Telcom's network for illegal or inappropriate actions is prohibited. Emery Telcom may provide customer information to appropriate legal authorities as direct by law or in the case of copyright infringement to those violated as directed legally upon notice to the customer.
Otherwise, Emery Telcom does not engage in any network management practices, target specific types of traffic based on their technology or their provider, modify protocol fields in ways not prescribed by the protocol standard, inhibit or favor certain applications or classes of applications, or block or manage any specific protocols or protocol ports. However, Emery Telcom may block port 25 traffic if it determines that it threatens the overall use of its network.
Redress Options. If you have any questions or complaints regarding this policy, please contact Emery Telcom at 435-748-2223.
Emery Telcom strongly desires to resolve questions, complaints and other problems of its customers and edge service providers in an informal and direct manner that satisfies all interested parties to the greatest extent practicable.
Emery Telephone, Emery Telecommunications & Video, Inc., Emery Telcom Video, LLC, Emery Telcom Wireless, and ETV News (collectively “Emery Telcom”) CPNI NoticeLast Updated on January 10, 2020
Customer Proprietary Network Information Notice
Emery Telcom and its affiliates Carbon/Emery Telcom, Hanksville Telcom, Emery Telecommunication and Video, Inc., Emery Telcom Video, LLC, and Emery Telcom Long Distance (collectively “Emery Telcom”) are committed to protecting your privacy, and we wanted to take this opportunity to further inform you about your rights with respect to certain information that you make available to Emery Telcom by virtue of subscribing to our services.
In providing service to you, Emery Telcom maintains calling information and data related to particular services you receive from Emery Telcom. This information may include the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use of the telecommunications services that you purchase. Information of this sort is known as Customer Proprietary Network Information, or CPNI. Under federal and state law, Emery Telcom is obligated to preserve the confidentiality of this information, and Emery Telcom is committed to doing so.
In order to better serve your specific communications needs and offer innovative products and services to you, Emery Telcom's corporate family uses CPNI information unless directed otherwise. As an example, we may want to offer our customers a special long-distance rate or internet package based upon their current usage or services. However, if you do not wish to permit us to utilize your CPNI in this manner, you have the right to prevent such use of CPNI by informing us of your intent to "opt out." You may opt out by calling us at 435-748-2223 or 435-613-9605, by mail at P.O. Box 629, Orangeville, UT, 84537. If you do not provide us with notice that you wish to opt out within 30 days of this notice, we will assume that you give Emery Telcom the right to share your CPNI with its affiliates for the purposes described above. Whether you notify us or not, Emery will not share your CPNI with any outside party unless required by law as described below.
If you elect to "opt out," you may not be able to learn about innovative service proposals, new technology or service offerings, or "package" discounts that may better meet your communications needs. However, "opting out" will not affect the provision of any services we are furnishing you. Regardless of whether you consent or not, your CPNI will continue to be treated as confidential.
Please note that if you do not "opt out," your consent will remain valid unless and until we receive a notice expressing your intent to "opt out." You retain the right to "opt out" at any time by calling the number listed above.
Please also be advised that, regardless of your decision to "opt out," your CPNI may be disclosed in certain situations. Emery Telcom may be required to disclose your CPNI to law enforcement officials pursuant to court orders, subpoenas, or other lawful processes, in which cases we may be required to disclose the information without your consent or knowledge as required by federal and/or state statutes and regulations. Disclosures of CPNI may also be mandated pursuant to requirements of the Federal Communications Commission or the Utah Public Services Commission. Finally, federal and state rules permit certain disclosures of CPNI to prevent fraud or abuse, for billing and collection, for provisioning service, and in other limited circumstances.
Emery Telephone, Emery Telecommunications & Video, Inc., Emery Telcom Video, LLC, Emery Telcom Wireless, and ETV News (collectively “Emery Telcom”) VOIP Directory Listing NoticeLast Updated on January 10, 2020
Important Information About Emergency 9-1-1 Service in Connection with Emery Telecommunications, Inc.'s (ETV") VoIP Service and Analog Terminal Adapters
Description. Voice Over Internet Protocol ("VoIP) services allow the Customer to make or receive telephone calls over the internet to or from the public switched telephone network using an Analog Terminal Adapter (ATA) provided by ETV. ATA devices may be stand alone devices or included in DOCSIS cable modems and other such equipment.
911 and E-911 Calls. Prior to the initialization of service, the Customer shall provide accurate Customer name and address information where the ATA and the service will be utilized (also known as "Registered Location") for the purpose of updating the E-911 database so the E-911 data base has an accurate address associated with the telephone number. Customer bears the responsibility to notify ETV of any changes to the Registered Location. If Customer uses the VoIP services from any location other than the Registered Location, 911 and E-911 services will not be dispatched to the Customer’s current location. Customer should not move the ATA, or use the ATA from any location other than the Registered Location.
Limitation to 911 and E-Service. Customer acknowledges and understands that access to emergency services through 911 and E-911 calls is limited. Customer acknowledges and understands that the VoIP Service supports E-911 (where available) and that access to emergency service is available only if the service is operated from the Registered Location, and then only if Customer has an active connection to the service. Customer acknowledges and understands that if there is a service outage for any reason, or a power outage, such outage or outages may prevent all voice service, including 911 dialing.
Emery Telephone, Emery Telecommunications & Video, Inc., Emery Telcom Video, LLC, Emery Telcom Wireless, and ETV News (collectively “Emery Telcom”) Copyright Claims
Last Updated on January 10, 2020
Complaints regarding content posted on the Emery Telcom website.
Emery Telcom respects the intellectual property rights of others and desires to o er a platform which contains no content that violates those rights. Our User Agreement requires that information posted by Members be accurate, lawful and not in violation of the rights of third parties. To promote these objectives, Emery Telcom provides a process for submission of complaints concerning content posted by our Members. Our policy and procedures are described and/or referenced in the sections that follow.
Please note that any notice you submit must be truthful and must be submitted under penalty or perjury. A false notice may give rise to personal liability. You may want to seek the advice of legal counsel before submitting a notice.
Claims regarding copyright infringement
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512), Emery Telcom has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements. Emery Telcom has also designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has be infringed, you may provide written communications which contains:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description specifying the location on our website of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your email address and your mailing address and/or telephone number;
- A statement by you that you have in good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please submit your notice to Emery Telcom’s Copyright Agent as listed below
Our Designated Agent can be reached at:
Address: Box 629, Orangeville, UT 84537
Last Updated on January 10, 2020
Acceptance of Terms of Service (“Terms”)
Please note that these Terms include Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations of Liability.
The Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. This Website is not directed to, or intended for use by, children. If you are not 18 years old or older, please do not use the Services unless you have the express permission of your parent or guardian. If you are the parent or guardian of a user under 18 years of age, then you are responsible for their use of the Website and compliance with these Terms.
Accessing the Services and Account Security
Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms, Emery Telcom grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, and non-sublicensable license to use the Services for your personal and non-commercial use. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services, and any service or material we provide on the Services, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Services, or the entire Services, to users.
You are responsible for: br>
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Services through your internet connection and account are aware of these Terms and comply with them.
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and the Terms, as they may be revised, apply to all access to and use of the Services thereafter. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. We encourage you to check these Terms often for updates.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security.
You are responsible for all usage and activity on your account, including use of the account by any third party authorized by you to use your login credentials.
Your Contributions, Submissions, and Responsibilities
The Services may allow you to post content and communicate with others. Anything that you post on or through the Services or otherwise submit to us through the Services, including comments, and audio or video files, classified advertisements, or personal information is referred to as “Your Contributions.” You affirm, represent and warrant that:
- You own or otherwise control all right, title and interest in and to Your Contributions.
- Your Contributions do not contain any material that is defamatory, libelous, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable, including foul or off-color language.
- Your Contributions do not promote or include sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Your Contributions do not contain personal attacks against others, slurs, name-calling, bigotry, or hate speech.
- Your Contributions do not threaten to hurt or kill anyone, even in jest.
- Your Contributions do not contain personal information of any person or entity that is used without the person or entity’s permission.
- Your Contributions do not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person -- don’t post content that you do not have right to or own.
- Your Contributions do not violate the legal rights of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with these Terms and our Privacy Notice.
- Your Contributions do not promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Your Contributions do not impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization or use multiple accounts.
You hereby grant Emery Telcom and its designees a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable and sublicensable license (the “License”) to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, edit, adapt and prepare derivative works of Your Contributions in connection with the Services or in the conduct of Emery Telcom’s business in any formats and through any media channels. Emery Telcom may monitor Your Contributions and may edit or delete Your Contributions at any time and for any or no reason without your permission.
You are solely responsible for the protection of your identity from identity theft. Emery Telcom does not verify the security of any internet site. Your use of personal information while on the internet places you at risk of identity theft.
Apps may be available only for certain mobile devices. We may update, change and discontinue which devices are available from time to time. An App may not be compatible with your mobile device. No mobile device is compatible if it has been modified from the manufacturer’s software or hardware guidelines, including any disabling of controls, “jail breaking” the device or adding malware. Use of such a modified mobile device with an App or the Services is expressly prohibited and is grounds for termination of these Terms and your use of the Services.
With all Apps, you are responsible for:
- Determining compatibility with your mobile device;
- Understanding whether the terms of your agreement with your mobile device manufacturer and mobile service carrier apply to your use of the App;
- Controlling access to and use of your mobile device to prevent the bypassing, disabling, or overriding of any restrictions, security measures, or other limitations of an App or your device and to prevent malware or other malicious code from being introduced to your mobile device; and
- Complying with all third party terms, including those of the applicable app provider, such as Apple or Google. These Terms are between you and Emery Telcom. The app store service providers, such as Apple and Google, are not a party to these Terms and are not responsible for the App or for furnishing you maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
You acknowledge and agree that the app store service provider from which you downloaded the Apps is a third-party beneficiary of these Terms and may therefore enforce the terms of these Terms against you.
You acknowledge that Emery Telcom, not the app store service provider, is responsible for addressing any of your claims or any third party relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and (iv) infringement of a third party’s intellectual property. You also acknowledge that all claims under the foregoing sentence are subject to all other terms and conditions in these Terms.
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. Emery Telcom prohibits use of the Services for any activity that violates federal, state, local, or international law, order or regulation. You may not access or use the Services to take any action that could harm Emery Telcom or any third party. Prohibited activities included, but are not limited to:
- Posting, storing, transmitting or disseminating unlawful material, including without limitation, child or other pornography, any content, data or other material which is libelous, obscene, hateful, unlawful, threatening, reaction or ethnically offensive, defamatory or which in any way constitute or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense.
- Disseminating material which violates copyright or intellectual property rights. Material accessible through Emery Telcom's network and Services may be subject to protection under privacy, publicity, or other personal rights and intellectual property rights. Customer shall not use the Emery Telcom network or Services in any manner that would infringe, dilute, misappropriate, or otherwise violate such rights. You assume all risk regarding whether material is in the public domain.
- Pyramid or other illegal soliciting schemes.
- Fraudulent activities, including but not limited to, impersonating any person or entity, or forging anyone's digital or manual signature.
- Sending SPAM, which includes, but is not limited to, sending unsolicited email messages, bulk commercial advertising or informational announcements; sending electronic messages that do not accurately identify the sender, the sender's return address, the email address of origin, or other information contained in the subject line or header; sending email messages that are excessive or intended to harass or annoy others; continue to send email messages to a recipient that has indicated he/she does not wish to receive them; or sending malicious email.
- The Services may not be used to breach the security of another user, or to attempt access to anyone's computer, software or data, without the knowledge and consent of that person. The Services may not be used in any attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network, or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account that you are not expressly authorized to access, probing the security of other networks, or any other action aimed at the unauthorized interception of data or harvesting of email addresses. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security, such as password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools is strictly prohibited.
- Knowingly upload or distribute files the contain viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, root kits, denial-of service attack, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer, network system or other property, or be used to engage in modem or system hi-jacking, or which is otherwise malicious or technologically harmful.
- Selling, reselling, retailing, repackaging for sale, distributing, wholesaling, or otherwise commercially distributing the Services without the express written consent of Emery Telcom, which may be granted or withheld in Emery Telcom's sole discretion. The Services are for your own personal and/or business use only.
- Allowing others access to the Services, or any of them, without the express written consent of Emery Telcom, which may be granted or withheld in Emery Telcom's sole discretion.
- Emery Telcom prohibits the use of open wireless internet local area connections. Modems and routers broadcasting wireless Internet without wireless security enabled is in violation of this policy. Emery Telcom reserves the right to bill the customer a premium fee to allow unsecured wireless local area connections.
- You shall not connect servers of any type to the Services. Emery Telcom reserves the right to suspend or terminate Service without advance warning if a violation of this policy is detected.
- Use of distribution lists in electronic mail or other mass electronic mailings is subject to prior written approval of Emery Telcom, which will be granted or withheld is sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, Emery Telcom does not allow use of the email system to distribute advertisements, solicitations or any other form of marketing/sales commonly referred to as spamming.
- The use of list, blind copies, relaying to addresses via email is unacceptable use of the Services.
- Commenting under multiple aliases or accounts. Users believed to be posting under multiple accounts will be banned.
- Using comments as a way to drive traffic to a blog, other website or any product or services. Legitimate linking to other sources of information relevant to the story is encouraged; ending your comments with a link to your personal site is considered spamming.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm Emery Telcom or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
- In any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Services or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services.
- To otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services in any way.
You are responsible for any misuse of the Services that originates from your account, even activities committed by any friend, family, co-worker, employee, guest or anyone who obtains access to the account. You must ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to the Services.
We welcome letters of up to 200 words on a single topic of general interest. If published, in addition to the terms provided above, all letters becomes the sole property of Emery Telcom, may be edited for length, grammar, accuracy or clarity, and stored or reproduced by electronic means. Letters must include the writer’s full name, street address and daytime telephone number, though only the name and the city of residence will be published. Letters by email to email@example.com are encouraged. Submissions should have the word “letter” in the subject line and not include attachments. Only one letter per writer can be published in any 30-day period.
Fees and Payments
We reserve the right to charge fees for access to the Services or portions of the Services at any time. We will not, charge you for access to the Services without first obtaining your prior agreement to pay such charges. You may cancel your account at any time, but no refunds will be given. You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred through your account at the rates in effect for the billing period in which such fees and charges are incurred, including, but not limited to charges for any digital products or services offered for sale through the Services by us or by any other vendor or service provider. All fees and charges will be billed to and paid for by you. You shall pay all applicable taxes relating to use of the Services through your account.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and all of its contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, photos, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) (the “Content”), are owned by Emery Telcom, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. You may download, print or view individual pages at the Site for private, noncommercial use, provided you do not delete, change or otherwise modify any of the Content, including any copyright or trademark notices. You may not use the Services for any commercial purpose or commercially exploit or make the Services available to any third party. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Services, except as authorized by the Terms. You also agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or distribute, sublicense, lease, rent, loan or otherwise transfer the Services to any third party. No right, title or interest in or to the Services or any content on the Services is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by Emery Telcom. The systematic retrieval of any of the Content to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without the written permission of Emery Telcom is prohibited. Unless otherwise indicated, all logos, names, package designs and marks on the Website are trademarks or service marks and may not be used without Emery Telcom's permission. Emery Telcom's policy is to terminate the online privileges of individuals who repeatedly violate the copyrights of others.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright and Trademark Infringement.
Emery Telcom takes claims of infringement seriously. We will respond to a notice of alleged infringement that complies with applicable law and that provides sufficient information. Please note that we are not a court and we are unable to resolve disputes regarding the users of the Services. However, Emery Telcom will terminate your access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, you are determined to be a repeat infringer.
If you believe any materials accessible on the Services infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials from the Services by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below). In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice must include substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single on-line site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Emery Telcom to locate the material;
- Information reasonable sufficient to permit Emery Telcom to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, and email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you receive a copyright notice from us that you believe is incorrect, then you may send a counter notice to our Designated Agent. After receiving a counter notice, we may reinstate the content in question under Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Copyright Act. A counter notice must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
- A description of the material that was removed or to which access was disabled;
- A description of the location where the allegedly infringing work was located on the Services before it was removed or access was disabled;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or that access was denied as a result of a mistake or misidentification;
- The alleged infringer’s name, address and telephone number; and
- A statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of the federal court with jurisdiction over the address provided by the alleged infringer, or if the alleged infringer is outside of the United States, then that the alleged infringer consents to jurisdiction in Salt Lake City, Utah and will accept service of process from the party who is alleging the infringement.
Our Designated Agent can be reached at:
Address: Box 629, Orangeville, UT 84537
As a friendly reminder, ETV News, Emery Telcom, Emery Telephone, Carbon/Emery Telcom, Inc. and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are ours (or our affiliates or licensors). You can’t use our trademarks without our prior written permission. Any other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. Please respect the rights of those parties and do not use their marks without permission either.
You represent, warrant and covenant that you (a) have the authority to bind yourself to these Terms, (b) are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and (c) are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also agree that by using the App, you are electronically signing these Terms and that such signature has the same effect as a standard ink or paper signature. You acknowledge and agree that you: (i) are able to print a complete and legible copy of these Terms and save the same in a complete and legible form, (ii) are capable of opening, reading, printing, downloading and/or saving all sections of these Terms, and (iii) had reasonable opportunity to review each section of these Terms, read these Terms and agree to them.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU AGREE THAT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING USE OF THE WEBSITES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE SITES ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR USE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EMERY TELCOM DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT ANY MATERIALS FOUND ON THE SITES ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CORRECT, THAT THE SITES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SITES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE SUCCESSFUL RESULTS FROM FOLLOWING ANY INSTRUCTIONS, DIRECTIONS, OR RECOMMENDATIONS AVAILABLE AT THE SITES.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW AND ONLY APPLIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCTS WILL EMERY TELCOM, OR ANY PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIIATE, OFFICER, DIRECTOR, EMPLOYEE OR AGENT OF EMERY TELCOM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTIAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES OR THE SITES OR FROM ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED AT THE SITES, INCLUDING THE CONTENT AND YOUR CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, AND EVEN IF EMERY TELCOM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. EMERY TELCOM’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS LIMITED TO $50. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW AND ONLY APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Choice of Law
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Emery Telcom, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) brought by a third party and arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Services, including, but not limited to, Your Contributions, any use of the Service’s content, services and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms or your use of any information obtained from the Services.
No Class Actions
YOU MAY ONLY RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND MAY NOT BRING A CLAIM AS A PLAINTIFF OR A CLASS MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. CLASS ARBITRATIONS, CLASS ACTIONS, AND PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Waiver of Jury Trial
EACH PARTY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL ACTION, PROCEEDING, CAUSE OF ACTION OR COUNTERCLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, OR THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THESE TERMS.
Suspension and Termination
You may stop use of the Services at any time. Emery Telcom may suspend, restrict or terminate your use of the Services at any time and for any reason without prior notice.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unlawful or unenforceable in any respect, you agree that the court may reform such provision so as to render it enforceable (or, if it is not possible to reform such provision so as to make it enforceable, then delete such provision). As so reformed or deleted, the court will fully enforce the resulting Terms.
Use of the terms “including” and “include” mean “without limitation” and indicate non-exclusive lists of items.