Accountant - Orangeville
Accounting Department Position Summary:
This position would assist the CFO and Accounting Supervisor in maintaining the financial records of the company. Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial data. Prepares various financial statements and reports. Responsibilities may include: maintaining general ledger; initiating posting and adjusting entries; reconciliation of general ledger accounts; compliance reporting; accounting for federal grants; and billing/collection functions. Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Works on accounting tasks for Emery Telcom and nine subsidiary companies
- Ensure compliance with and process reimbursements for federal grants
- Prepares journal entries
- Reconciles general leger accounts
- Performs billing and customer audits
- Assist in compliance for state and federal Universal Service funding
- Assist in accounting-period ending processes as assigned
- Works with confidential data
- Complete regular assignments as assigned
Experience/Education: Previous accounting experience helpful but not required. Bachelor's degree in accounting required.